The Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association was established in 2009 for the attainment of the following objectives:
- the promotion of efficient and fair processes for the resolution of commercial fraud litigation including the means by which the parties may obtain redress;
- the provision of a forum for discussion amongst legal practitioners, the Judiciary, Law Enforcement Agencies, other bodies that have complementary objectives, and their international counterparts;
- the promotion of education or training in matters relating to practice as a lawyer specialising in commercial fraud litigation; and
- the provision of a network for the exchange of information amongst members of the Association.
What We Do
The CFLA has grown to over 200 members consisting of legal practitioners from a variety of large City law firms; specialist white collar crime firms; barristers’ chambers; and Government departments.
The CFLA meet to share and improve knowledge relating to commercial fraud. We are active in offering training to legal professionals on key topics in this area, delivered by recognised experts in the field. A non-exhaustive list of areas covered in the past include:
- Bribery and corruption and self reporting
- Private prosecutions
- Privilege against self incrimination
- Recent developments in interim relief
- Mutual legal assistance
- Attribution in cases of fraud
- Trust busting and piercing the corporate veil
We meet regularly to identify changing trends in the market place in the area of commercial fraud to ensure that our members are kept up to date and appropriate and topical training can be provided.
In addition to the provision of sharing, we also organise social events to provide an opportunity for those interested in commercial fraud to meet and exchange their views and experiences.
The current members of the Committee are as follows:
Brown Rudnick LLP
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0207 851 6059|
|email@example.com||0207 306 0102|
Flight of the Veterans
Baker & McKenzie LLP
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0207 919 1733|
20 Essex Street
|email@example.com||0207 842 1200|
PCB Byrne LLP
|ARiem@pcb-byrne.com||020 7831 1616|
Pinsent Masons LLP
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0207 054 2626|
Baker & McKenzie LLP
|email@example.com||0207 919 1879|